- Help Put Police Accountability Measure on the Ballot
- Help Wanted--Social Justice
Help Put Police Accountability Measure on the Ballot
Now that the weather is warmer, the effort to get our charter amendment on the ballot that would require police officers to carry their own professional liability insurance is really heating up. We have about half of the signatures we need--and this weekend is the big push. The deadline for signatures is July 3rd and we need YOUR help to get there! While we need lots of volunteers, we are also able to offer payment to some petition gatherers--see below.
Mark your calendars for these opportunities:
1) Friday, June 13 starting at 5:30 at the foot of the Stone Arch bridge (on the St. Anthony Main side) and petitioning until 10 p.m.
2) Saturday, June 14 starting at 10:00 a.m. we will have a table at the foot of the Stone Arch bridge. Come by to pick up petitioning materials anytime that day. At 8:30 p.m. that night, we'll meet at Dunn Brothers at on University Ave SE and 6th Ave SE to get caffeinated (we'll buy the java) for the all-night Northern Sparks art fest.
3) Sunday, June 15 starting at 10:00 a.m. we will have our table out at the foot of the Stone Arch bridge with all the materials you need to petition. The festival ends at 5:00 p.m.
Our campaign coordinators will be out this whole weekend so give them a call and let them know you're coming: Eric Schiltz (612-715-8784); Eric Bauer (612-384-0277). Or just show up at the table, grab a clipboard, and give your fellow Minneapolitans a change to get this very important measure on the ballot. We'll provide training on the spot.
This is our big push for signatures and there are special incentive payments for paid petitioners who reach certain goals--see below.
Thank you for your support for our campaign to require Minneapolis police officers to carry professional liability insurance. For more information on this effort, see cfppmpls.wordpress.com This effort is being viewed as a model by police accountability activists all over the country. Once this campaign is a success and the policy is implemented, it will undoubtedly have an extremely positive impact.
HELP WANTED--SOCIAL JUSTICE
Canvassers are needed to collect signatures to put police accountability measure on the ballot. Flexible hours, some evenings and weekends. Training and materials provided. We pay 75 cents per valid signature, plus bonuses for reaching certain goals. Our experience shows that people can easily make $20 or more per hour. Get paid to help stop police brutality. Call Eric Schiltz (612-715-8784) or Eric Bauer (612-384-0277) or email [email protected]